Tuesday, December 16, 2008

10 Things Tuesday: Randomness

1. My students love to play Spanish Jeopardy, but mostly because they get to play with the buzzers. I cannot tell you the number of times I have to say, “If you press that buzzer again, I’m going to kill you.”

2. It will suck if we don’t have school tomorrow. Wednesdays are my easy days: I don’t go in until 12:15pm, and I only teach two classes. If I’m going to have a snow day, it should be on a day like today, when I have to be at school for 8 hours.

3. Of all the sports I can play, basketball is far and away my worst. I mean, really. The worst. Just ask the kids that played this afternoon.

4. SiSi is reading Harry Potter. She started a week ago, and she’s about half way through it. It’s really cool to watch her so intent and focused on what she’s reading. The fact that she is 7 years old amazes me.

5. NiNi is not reading yet, and is having some difficulty accepting that her sister can do it. Younger sibling jealousy is a horrible affliction.

6. My mother wants to come up this summer to visit. She wants to drive, and to bring the dog. The cat will not be pleased to learn this.

7. A member of chosen family is living a life of stress and unhappiness, but totally unwilling to believe that she can make decisions to change that. She believes firmly that her life is what it must be. It makes me sad because it hurts not just her, but her entire family, even though she sees that she is doing the opposite.

8. I made pretty decent chili on Sunday. Well, it wasn’t much to look at (apparently, it was several shades of brown), but I can’t be responsible for that. At least it tasted good. Karla ate it for two days!

9. I am really excited about the prospect of biking to Nova Scotia this summer. I have NO idea when or how it’ll happen, but I am all giddy about getting to do it!

10. It’s 10pm, but I’ve posted for the day. Now I’m going to go for a 45 minute walk and go to bed--in my own bed. Thanks Wheeler!

1 comment:

Mrs. Chili said...

Ugh. Convincing someone of their control over their own life can be the single most frustrating endeavor one ever undertakes. If someone's not ready to listen and believe, there's nothing anyone else can do about it. Ask me how I know.

Sorry about that.