Saturday, March 2, 2013

Day 2: Favorite Quotes

I try to publish some of the many quality verbal moments I hear in my world on a regular basis, so I'll just add some of the more recent gems:

"Obama just lost the nerd vote." NPR, in reaction to Obama's comment about not being able to do a "Jedi mind meld" on members of congress.

"Because YOLO." Joe, one of my colleagues, offering an explanation of a math concept during his class.

Me: "Wow! You slept late."
Karla: "No, not at all. I've been up since 9:30."

"I'm trying to cut back, I swear, but it's a gradual process. They don't have patches for these things." Lizzie on breaking her habit of 10 minute showers.

"Where's the back??!" James, about the manga that he borrowed from Kara.

"I have great reflexes." Lexi, right before getting hit with a Tupperware container.

SiSi: "Could you please stop being so picky?"
NiNi: "I can't! It's in my programming!"

"For my birthday, will you buy me a bra?" Maypaz, seeing the apparent wisdom of such a garment as a means of convenient cell phone storage.

"We no longer support that technology." The Smith College tech department staff, about slide projectors.

"I'll just wait." Jenyka, realizing that it would be impossible to interrupt the office staff in the middle of their rendition of "I'll Make a Man Out of You", from Mulan.

"Who just saw that? Did anyone just see that?" Desiree, immediately after slipping on the floor (while in her stocking feet), which resulted in her colliding with the trash can, which in turn fell and emptied on her.

"Because it works, that's why!" Torii, explaining why she has a 4" pile of flash cards containing some 350 words (as a first semester student).

"#myteacherisusinghashtags". Mickenzie, amused when I used them in a comment to one of her Facebook posts.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

The worst part about the Smith College Tech Support desk was that they HAD a slide projector. They just don't support it. What?!?!?!?!

Mrs. Chili said...

I LOVE your quote posts. You should do them more often.