Friday, February 5, 2010

I've got 10 minutes...

I don’t have a big post in me today. In fact, I have ten minutes before I need to get up and do stuff. I just want to keep the habit in place. Here’s the latest…

I had two meetings yesterday about culling students from my classes that weren’t thriving. They were supposed to have made some progress over the intercession to close the gap between what they can do and what they need to be able to do. They didn’t, and it’s not worth their time to sit in a class they’ll just fall farther and farther behind in as the semester goes on.

I had two discussions yesterday with students directly about what I and they can do to help them succeed. I’m hoping to avoid culling them.

I had a meeting with one of my administrators about my homework support class, and how some of them are simply taking up space--while at the same time making it hard for me to actually support the others in the group. Why are you at the school, if all you’re going to do is take up space?

I finished reviewing the 19 deck lists for the Magic: The Gathering® tournament at school, which starts tomorrow. I needed to look them over to make sure I knew how to adjudicate all the cards. I was surprised how many there were! Apparently, I haven’t played the game in a while.

I’m doing this week’s exams on the fly. I got them started on Wednesday, but there was no way I was going to finish them last night. It's a pain to do them this way, but it's functional. I'm ok with functional right now.

I need to call the refinance guy tomorrow to find out what’s going on. This has drug on for a month, and I need to get closure so I can focus on other stuff!

When am I going to get to work out next?? Maybe after some sleep…

No comments: