Saturday, February 7, 2009

I am exhausted today.

Yesterday was an emotionally trying day. My work day was spent having dialogs with staff on race and diversity issues (these were good and positive discussions, but draining nonetheless). Afterward, I drove 40 minutes to bring the girls home, then 80 minutes roundtrip back downcountry to the memorial service for Monica, Lisa and Joanna. My heart is heavy with concern for them, and going to the service was a little tough. I got home from it at 10pm and, despite being ready for bed, really wasn’t prepared for sleep.

I tossed and turned all night, finally realizing that I was not going to get back to sleep when Elena woke up upstairs at 3:00 in the morning (I could hear her stomping around, which I simply can’t sleep around at that time of the night). Rather than fight it, I just got up and worked on school stuff until 6am, when I finally felt tired enough to close my eyes.

That lasted until 6:35, when Soren got up. Sigh.

So, basically, I haven’t been able to get out of my own way today. I took a long nap around noon and that helped a little bit, but really it’s just going to be one of those days where not enough gets done and I hold on until bedtime. Bleh.

No comments: