Thursday, January 29, 2009

What to read next?

I’m going to finish my book soon (I listen to them in the car during my 90 minutes I’m in the car each day), and I need a replacement. I think I’m in the mood for something that fits one of the following:

a) it’s inspiring to me
b) it is riveting and engaging (I always love a good mystery or adventure novel)
c) it fits the work we’re doing with the Community School
d) it will help inform my work with foster children.

Any suggestions?


Oh, and I don't know if the picture does it justice, but yesterday's dinner of crab cakes and savory grits was really good! There was just a little bit of a kick in the crab cakes that waited a bit to make itself known, but it complemented the silky, creamy grits quite nicely, I thought. I mention it here because this meal was a complete experiment, and I had no idea how it would turn out. Sometimes, it pays to trust your creative muse!

1 comment:

Mrs. Chili said...

Crab cakes and shrimp scampi make me sad that I'm so allergic to seafood.

I have no book suggestions. Sorry...