Sunday, December 21, 2008

Today is the Winter Solstice

It is the shortest day of the year. I celebrate this day because, from here on out, the days get longer. They won't get warmer for a while yet, but this is the beginning.

The kitchen is seeing heavy use today. Lots of yumminess is in various stages of creation, and the house is filled with warmth and aromas of sweet and savory. The snow is falling heavily at the moment, but there is no need to venture out. No one in the house has to travel, and the plow has not rumbled by. I am perfectly content, therefore, to stay in my squishy clothes (that's a Wayfarer House term for sweats, slippers and the like) and take care of the ever pernicious domestica.

I was excited to do some writing yesterday (the DnD adventure the house has been playing for several years is drawing to the end of its latest chapter), and I want to finish it by the end of the year. Who knows what will happen to it after that, but I'd like to see it through.

Wifeness is looking for one of the cameras that "Santa" is giving the kids this year. If you see it, will you tell her? It's driving her meshuggeneh.

No comments: