Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Random Meme for a Sunday morning

1. What are your plans for today? Final preparations for SiSi’s birthday party and the Community Dinner event that follows. Get caught up on my Facebook communication. Get a run in. Grade papers.

2. Who was the last person you talked on the phone with? Erm… I think it was my wife, but I’m not sure. She’s the one I talk with most. My folks are number two on the list. They’re due to call any moment for the weekly chat.

3. What was the last TV program you watched? I’ve fallen asleep on several over the past week, but I honestly couldn’t tell you what they were. Even when the fall lineup hits next week, I won’t spend a lot of time actually watching television. I get home awfully late this time of year, and I’m totally beat to doggie poop when I do. TV is almost more of a burden than a release.

4. What was the last thing you ate? It’s about to be breakfast. Coffee and half a bagel.

5. What time did you get out of bed today? 6:30am. This is not unusual for Sunday anymore. It used to be my day to sleep in, back when Wifeness and I split the weekend kid coverage. Now, I stay up late on Friday nights playing Axis and Allies with Caleb upstairs, and so I sleep later (until 8:30) on Saturday.

6. Who's your TV crush? Hmmm… I used to be all about Poppy Montgomery, from Without a Trace, but I think I’m between crushes right now.

7. Which book are you planning on reading next? I’ve got a pile of books on Flow to work through for my seminar in November, and I promised my dad I’d read the book he wrote, The Journal of Rocinante, before anything else for pleasure.

8. Do you have a particular day & time that you look forward to? Wednesdays are nice because they are my late and short days at school. I don’t have to be in until noon, I teach two classes, go to meetings for 2 hours, and that’s it. Fridays are nice because they’re exam days and I don’t do much in the classroom except hang with my students. Any weekend when friends come over is wonderful, and I love spontaneous days off!

9. What is your idea of a romantic date? I don’t know about romantic, but my idea of an enjoyable one includes good food in a quiet place with my wife, and no particular reason to get back home. I don’t have to DO anything or GO anywhere. I am thoroughly contented just to be with her and relax. We used to do brunch out on Sundays before we had kids, and often we’d just sit there in the booth and read the paper. Occasionally, we’d touch under the table or grunt lovingly at each other, but it was otherwise a tranquil, wonderfully natural way for us to spend time together. I loved that!

May your Sunday be like a nice brunch date!

2 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

Happy birthday to the SiSi!

You're on Facebook?

Wayfarer said...

I joined Facebook primarily to keep in touch with my students (current and alum), but it's turned out to be a nice way to quickly touch base with other people as well. It's about the same effort in terms of time as writing all the separate emails.