Sunday, January 1, 2006

The Beginning of an Experiment...

I'm not entirely sure why everyone thinks I should put stuff down in a blog, but so many people have asked me lately to make one that I've decided to try it just to see what happens. I can appreciate the value of the format and I'm intrigued by the possibilities of blogging, but I can make no promises about how well I'll keep up with it. I've never been especially good at journaling and, with life as full as it is destined to be in the coming year, it may simply not be possible for me to give it the energy and attention it deserves. I've decided that my initial commitment will be to give an honest effort to it through March. If I can continue with it after that (and if I'm inclined to do so), I'll keep it going. If not, I'll still be able to consider it a worthy investment of time.

One of the ways bloggers stay motivated is by getting comments on their entries from readers. If I pointed you to this blog, it's because I value your wisdom, humor and experience, and I want to be inspired by it as I write here. Please feel free to offer your feedback and ideas, positive and negative. Those of you who truly know me are already aware that I am unafraid of criticism, and that I work very hard to use it to make me a better person. That being said, I'm all about the love, too! And the support! I'll need lots of that. And praise is good! Oh, hell! Just shower me with goodness!

I hope it proves an interesting read.

1 comment:

Mrs. Chili said...

I second the "just shower me with goodness" sentiment. I'm feeling the need for some of that kind of love and support, too.

I'm happy that you've decided to blog - though I don't think I'm one of those who encouraged you to do so. Still, I've found that *I* certainly enjoy blogging, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

with so much love!