Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday Meme: Have you ever caught a fish?

The following questions come through Sunday Stealing from several blogs (which I'm sorry to say I haven't read)...

If you were an animal what would you be? Why?  I've considered that question for some time as it applies to martial arts fighting style and I haven't come to a firm conclusion.  I'm a Leo, so I suppose I portray some of the charactistics of a lion but I don't think that's quite right, either.  *shrug*  What do YOU think?

Hair color you like on someone you’re dating?  I'll admit I've always been a sucker for redheads but, as a colorblind guy who sees most hair as green, the color of the hair doesn't mean a lot.

If suffering an injury, would you rather be left blind or deaf?  Of the two, I think deafness would be easier to adapt to in my current lifestyle.  Although colorblindness gets in the way sometimes, it doesn't really affect my ability to do the things I really want to do (like get around and type on this blog).  Total blindness would certainly do that.

Do you have any special talents?  We refer to them as superpowers at Wayfarer House, and yes.  I can nap anywhere, anytime, and for exactly as long as I want.  OK, it's not exactly something to fight crime with, but a superpower's a superpower!

What do you do as soon as you walk in the house?  In this order:  Put keys in key basket, put gloves/hat in bin, hang up jacket, put laptop bag and briefcase into bedroom.  Simultaneously to this, I'll say hi to any and all who may be present.

Do you like horror or comedy?  Comedy.  I don't like being scared.

Are you missing anyone?  Ed MacMahon.  He seems to have taken a wrong turn on the way to deliver that Publisher's Clearinghouse sweepstakes check. 

Where do you want to live when you are old?  Someplace warm and quiet.  Wifeness wouldn't do it, but I'd be totally comfortable living in the desert Southwest.  I'd also take Hawai'i or the Carribbean (with a sailboat).

Who is the person you can count on the most?  My wife.  She is amazing in her consistent ability to follow through on whatever she takes on.

If you could date any celebrity past or present, who would it be?  I've had far too many celebrity crushes to answer this question well.  Currently, I'm enamored of Megyn Price but that'll change before too long.  Celebrity crushes are just not meant to last.

What did you dream last night? I have NO idea! It is rare that I remember my dreams the next morning. If I do at all, it's usually because they're reminding me that I haven't done something I'm supposed to.

What is your favorite sport to watch?  There are several types of sports that lend themselves well to the small screen.  American football is great if you have a bunch of people, decent weather and a tailgating experience, but the game itself is more more pleasant with a couch to nap on.  Also, sports like golf, marathon and cycling are much nicer to enjoy when you can see the entire event, not just the brief moment when the contest passes your location.

Are you named after anyone?  My middle name is my father's original last name (he adopted my current last name when my grandmother remarried). 

What is your favorite alcoholic drink?  I very much enjoy (though rarely partake of) a good wine at dinner, a good beer at the grill and a good piña colada for the coconut and pineapple.

Non alcoholic drink?  I drink a fair amount of selzer.  Sometimes I add a splash of kid friendly juice, but often I enjoy it just on its own.

Have you ever been in love?  "Ah, to be young again and feel loves keen sting!"  To be sure, I've been in love in a variety of forms in my life.  Every one, every time, has been wonderful.

Do you sing in the shower?  Every day, a different tune.  Sometimes it's an actual song, sometimes it's just some random improv, but I've learned that it's part of my subconscious' morning routine.

Have you ever been arrested?  Nope.  I've been ticketed, lectured, drawn on and patted down (not all at the same time), but never have I had cuffs applied and Miranda warnings issued.

What is your favorite holiday?  New Year's Eve/My Anniversary.  It carries great person significance to my wife and me, but it has taken on a life of its own from all the contributions of our chosen family -- and that means it's special to more than just us, and that's really great!

Would you ever get plastic surgery?  Not to be vain (please!  There's no amount of plastic surgery that can fix this).  If I needed cosmetic help to address some form of trauma, I would at least give it some thought.

Have you ever caught a fish?  Everything from perch to flounder, catfish to bass.  I love fish!  I'm less interested nowadays in catching them than eating them, but a good day out in a boat with nothing to do but watch the water certainly has its appeal.


Happy Monday! 

No comments: