Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ten Things Tuesday, but not mine…

I got swamped today with paperwork and email, and didn’t really have the chance to post anything of substance. Fortunately for me, Chili has inadvertently come to my rescue. She posted about 10 reasons she is “unapologetically pro-choice” and, accordingly, there is a good discussion going over at her space. I’m deferring to her post for the following reasons:

1. It is a good example of how people who don’t necessarily agree on a topic can engage in lively, yet respectful debate.

2. Chili views haven’t come out here yet, so reading them will put anything she adds to the conversation going forward will have some context. The posts Kizz published really helped me to understand what she was saying in her comments to my posts in a far deeper way than I would have otherwise.

3. I appreciate Chili’s ability to support her thoughts in a way that makes sense to people. Her justifications have given me good things to consider as I make my way through my own though process.

4. Chili’s readership is far broader than mine, and it is my hope that the discussion there will encompass a wider range of views as a result.

5. I hope to have the help of Chili’s readership in considering pros and cons of ideas as they come up later in my own processing.

Take a trip over to her place and read what she and her readers have to say. I'll do my best to take my own thoughts forward in a couple of days or so. I have midterms coming up, though, so things my have to be put on hold until my professional obligations are satisfied.

Thanks, Chili, for your perhaps unwitting help!

2 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

Anytime, Babe.

the passionate hairdresser said...

Wow...I just read Chili's blog...amazing. I also read some of the responses...also amazing. I think this is why I liked Mrs. Chili the first time I met her!!!