Wednesday, February 24, 2010

In 3 Mintues…

I got up earlier than the automated phone call telling us that school was cancelled, but it still pissed me off when the phone rang.

I took a bit more than 3 hours to clear out the snow, except it wasn’t actually snow at the end, it was soup. My body did not appreciate it, and neither did the laundry. I soaked through two sweatshirts and my wool hoodie in the process.

After a shower and a nap (for there must always be a nap on a snow day), I sat down for 20 minutes to actually read some of The Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss. I’m liking both the descriptive narrative and the realistic, but mystical, nature of the universe he’s created. It’s the kind of sci fi I like to read--and write.

The girls went outside to make a snowman. Actually, they said it was a stormtrooper. Apparently, they need to take a vacation from Star Wars.

I’m going to drink this coffee and, after the girls are in bed, I’m going upstairs to train on my bike while I watch G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Just the kind of movie to bike indoors to. Lots of action to distract you from the fact that you’re not actually going anywhere!

No comments: