Wednesday, March 4, 2009

10 Things Tuesday: Thoughts in my head right this minute

1. I am so very done with winter! I need warm weather, like, RIGHT FUCKING NOW!

2. I am so very tired, and achey, too. I don’t know why. It’s not like I’m doing a whole hell of a lot.

3. I’m looking forward to going out to see Watchmen this weekend with Caleb, Matt, Karla (if she’s up to it) and possibly Wheeler. Mmmm! Theater popcorn!

4. Coconut rum does not go as well with orange juice as it does pineapple juice. That fact is in no way preventing me from drinking it, however.

5. Why is it that, no matter how many times I proofread and review a crossword puzzle for use in my class, I cannot seem to make one without an error?

6. Lori and Jorge sent an email today. It seems they’re hanging in there, but things are tenuous. I am nervous for them, and I wish there were room here. I would love to be able to offer these very good people shelter from this bitch of a recession.

7. Two of my students were in a car crash Monday, of the rollover variety. Amazingly, they were both in school today and walking around. That’s what airbags and seatbelts will do for you. Now they just need to figure out ways to keep the car itself from being totaled.

8. My mom (and maybe my dad) will be coming to visit soon! They said they wanted to wait until the end of June, when, in the words of my mother, “It’s not ass-freezing cold.” They live on the Gulf coast.

9. I really want to work on the next piece of the marriage postings, but I just don’t have the constitution for it right now. I also need to post to the Community School blog. Maybe this weekend…?

10. The trash and recycling are both ready to go out tomorrow, but I don’t think I’m going to get up tomorrow at 5:30 to do it (on my way to the pool). I think I just want to sleep in.

2 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

Oh, RIGHT. FUCKING. NOW!!!

Is this Lori and Jorge the same ones I knew?

The Grammar Snob said...

1. Truer words have never been spoken.

4. I think I need to pick up pineapple juice on my way home.