Saturday, January 3, 2009

Back to a normal Saturday evening

It’s 7:00pm. I’m sitting in the comfy stuffed chair in the living room. The Cardinals are beating the Falcons in the 4th quarter, but I’m not really watching the game.

Nieve has brushed her teeth and donned jammies--complete with leopard print fuzzy slippers. She is on the floor, engaged in some sort of internal fantasy involving Crabbe and Goyle, from the Harry Potter books. She’s not watching the game either.

I can hear Prairie Home Companion playing from the radio in the kitchen. That’s where SiSi and Wifeness are, sealing up the snow globe that SiSi started yesterday morning. She made it using directions from a book she got for Xmas.

Karla is in the bedroom doing something with gold thread. I’m hoping none of it ends up in the bed itself (although it doesn’t really matter, I guess, since I’m not sleeping in it currently).

The tree is all lit up, enjoying its last few days as the centerpiece of the house. The lights and ornaments will need to come down soon, so we can put the holiday bins back in the attic. I expect we’ll wait until sometime during the week to deal with this chore. No one, including me, feels like putting the effort out.

Once the girls go to bed, I need to go upstairs and work out. I have a weight set up in my (unheated) office in the attic, and my bike set up on its trainer. Tonight, I’ll just do the weights. I am not looking forward to this, but I’ll do it because I haven’t done anything physical since vacation started until yesterday’s 1k swim at the pool. It’s time to get back to the daily routine. I want to be ahead of the game when the weather warms up in a couple of months!

I’ve got some grading to do later tonight, and a bit of writing that needs to get out of my head. Then, I’m going to enjoy my last chance to sleep in before I have to go back to school. I’m not ready to be back in the classroom, but I’ll welcome the routine. I really do like the routine.

2 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

I don't feel like I'm ready to go back to the classroom, either, but I recognize that I ALWAYS feel this way just before a new term starts. The routine will be nice, though...

JRH said...

Those last two sentences. Get out of my head.

Have a good start!