Friday, December 19, 2008

A Long Day Done

Today seemed to wear everyone out, including me. We got a lot accomplished, though:

The laundry is churning along (4 loads through, plus one in the wash and one in the dryer)

The kitchen has been cleaned--twice. I’m not sure I’ve acknowledged the universe publicly for our dishwasher, but I’ll do it again anyway. We would not be able to do what we do without it.

The drive has been shoveled--once (SiSi helped). I’ll have to do it again, but with only another 3-4” to fall, it can wait until the morning. People can get in and out, and that’s what matters.

We were able to get to the mall, and the girls and I did some preliminary research on a present for Mama (which shall not be mentioned here, Mama, since you read this blog). The mall kicked Karla’s ass, but it was good that she got down there to do what she needed to.

Wifeness and I were able to powwow about the gift baskets unnamed holiday gifts we’ll be sharing. We’ll start working on the final goodies parts of them this weekend.

SiSi finished the first Harry Potter book. She is very proud of herself. She damn well should be! She’s frickin’ 7 years old! So awesome.

NiNi wrapped “presents” for people and put them under the tree. I’m not sure what she’s giving as “gifts”, but she’s very excited for people to open them. I just hope it’s not a tie. Or, as is the tradition in my given family, a painted stick.

Now that it’s the end of the day, I’m going to chill and do some writing. If I’m still feeling awake in an hour, I’m going to watch a bit of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. May the force be with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. Wayfarer, thanks for doing all that you do, attending to everybody and paying attention, and teaching, and well, just being there.

The world needs you. The world also needs you to pay attention to yourself.

You are going at a gut busting energy level that you can handle and work with right now. I'm sending any extra energy to you and yours.