Thursday, November 13, 2008

Taking time to slow down well...

Like boats, we tend to get caught in our own wake when we slow down. This has happened to me, so I’m taking the day off from school. I will relax my brain by working on a response to Kizz’ question about my views on marriage, then I’ll catch up on some TV watching and, after savoring my quiet lunch and coffee, I fully intend to enjoy a nice, long nap.

I do not wish to avoid life today, only to center myself once again within it. All the things on my list will still be there when I wake up; I’ll just be a lot more positively inclined toward them for having stepped away for a bit.

Do you ever need to do that?

2 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

Do I ever need that? Do I ever NEED that!

Single parenting SUCKS.

Suzanne said...

yes (sigh)