Monday, July 9, 2007

I have just a moment to let you all know that I reached Lock Haven, PA, right in time for the bell tower to strike 12pm. It took six days and exactly 4oo miles to get there by bike , but I was not beaten by a single hill and there was no chafing (some mild bruising, muscle soreness, chapped lips and sunburn, but no chafing). I picked up my degree in person, and spent some time talking in person with my professors before my family met me right at the entrance to the university. I'll post details about the trip over the next several days (bear with me, please, because our next couple of stops are without WiFi). It was a lot of fun, and a great way to close out graduate school.

3 comments:

Trina said...

Congratulations!

Mrs. Chili said...

HAZAAH!! Congratulations, both on the degree and the trip! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

Kizz said...

Let's hear it for no chafing, shall we? Whoopee! Oh, and nice job on the whole degree thing too. :)